Thursday, October 3, 2013

Week 1 EOC: Great Customer Service

A few weeks ago I went out to eat with my sister-in-law and my nephews. We were hungry for Applebees since it was the nearest dine in restaurant. I had a certain experience that my sister-in-law would not agree on, but it was a fairly good experience. As the waiter us to our seats, we all ordered and continue onto our conversation. Thirty-five minutes in, our appetizers hadn't arrived and everyone but me had become a little grumpy. The waiters kept checking on us with apologetic words because the food was taking quite some time.  The manager also came to our table and thanked us for being patient, next thing you know, our appetizers came around the same time that our food came. Everyone knows that appetizers are supposed to be ready before your main dish arrives, but I can be extremely patient and understanding. You may probably have walked out by now but patient and kindness can get you a few things. As my family and I were having our lunch, the manager walked to our table once again and told us that our appetizer was on them. The reason why I had a great customer experience was because the not only were the waiters apologetic, but the manager was also sorry for the wait. During the whole time, we were being checked on, our drinks were never halfway empty, they were courteous to us as the customer. This is what I enjoy when I go out to eat, I am treated kindly and acknowledge.Instead, it relies on customer service so good that customers not only come back but also tell their friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment